Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
How to Fully Utilize the Annual Wellness Visit
Since being introduced, never has more than 15% of the Medicare population received the Annual Wellness Visit to which they are entitled. Why is this?
Enter Oculus Health's Fully Integrated AWV Solution
Our unique offering is designed for delivering AWV and simplify delivery of integrated care plan. Our complimentary offering of CCM and TCM will accelerate your organizations' preparedness to deliver value-based care while generating significant new recurrent revenues.
Additionally, our care facilitation services extend your practices' reach and empower your patients to better take care of themselves. Every participant is supported by a dedicated, full-time health assistant for real-time feedback, support, and accountability.
AWV on the Telehealth List
AWVs have been on the telehealth list for several years, which reduces the hurdle to their utilization even further. Prior to the patient walking into the clinic, they can already have 95% of their AWV completed with only a handful of billing requirement tasks remaining.
Imagine the PPPS in your and your patient's hand within minutes as opposed to an hour...
The Importance of Prioritizing AWVs
AWVs are the key to transitioning from the traditional reactive FFS care model to a proactive and preventive VBC model. Patients and Providers are able to assess the patient's current baseline of health, and get out ahead of identified risk areas. Intervention based on risk factors as opposed to waiting for symptoms to present themselves:
During the AWV, physicians should take the following steps:
- Obtain the beneficiary’s information, including personal health data history through the administration of the Medicare HSA
- Assess the patient’s height, weight, vital signs, and other routine measurements deemed appropriate
- Provide personalized feedback and counseling on the assessment outcome and a personalized preventative care plan
- Update the HSA and other information annually for subsequent AWVs
Billing Medicare for an AWV requires physicians to submit a Personalized Prevention Plan for Services (PPPS) for patients.
Billing for AWV includes the following HCPCS codes:
- G0438: Annual wellness visit; includes a PPPS, initial visit
- G0439: Annual wellness visit: includes PPPS subsequent visit
If the provider has the right business support solutions in place, the PPPS can easily be created for patients who already have a comprehensive plan of treatment in place.